Saturday 29 June 2013

The Final Count Down

Wow! It is hard to believe the last week of school is finally here. The students have been working so incredibly hard to get everything finished before the end of the year. It took some doing but we are done, report cards are finished, and now it is time for some year end fun!

I am really excited about a couple of our year end projects. I recently discovered lap books and decided to try one out for our final Social Studies unit. There are a ton of great resources for lap books on the Home School Share website. The students had a blast creating and filling out all the little tabs, flaps, and pockets. As with most first time projects there is room for improvement but I am happy with how they turned out. Unfortunately we literally finished these in the last days of school and with all the craziness I didn't get any pictures. Stay tuned and I will be sure to take some pics of the next lap books that are created in grade 3.

Our other big year end project has been creating an ABC book entitled Welcome to Grade Three! A big thanks to Christi over at Ms. Fultz's Corner for the idea. I purchased the template from her Teacher Pay Teacher store and the students have had a blast. I had each student complete a letter of the alphabet informing new students of the important things to know about being in grade three. Before students could colour their alphabet page however I photocopied it so it had a black and white picture. Now I have a Welcome to Grade Three colouring book for each student at the beginning of the school year. My plan is to have it waiting on their desk when they arrive.


Pictures arriving soon!

It always amazes me how quickly the end of the year comes. I am sure this last week will fly by and before I know it I will be saying farewell to my current students and getting ready to start preparations for my new students. Bring on the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment