Sunday 2 June 2013

Trying Something New

Welcome to Mrs. V's Grade 3s!

Recently I have been finding myself on more and more teaching blogs. I am loving the chance to explore what other teachers have been doing and learn a little bit more about how they organize and run their classrooms. The more I explored the more I wanted to be a part of sharing my experiences in teaching.

As I sit here trying to write my first post (I've been told the first is the hardest, I certainly hope so) I am sorting through what I want to include on this blog. Here's what I'm thinking:

~ All things classroom related including organization and management strategies.
~ Fun classroom ideas for activities and learning
~ Tips and strategies for new teachers
~ Book suggestions (I love anything to do with children's literature)
~ Math games and activities

I realize that starting a teaching blog in June may seem a bit odd. It is my hope that as I work on some of my summer projects I can get myself into the habit of updating my blog. Being a new teacher my list of classroom projects for the summer is pretty lengthy and includes items like reorganizing my classroom library, developing a system for tracking and assessing learning outcomes, and working on numerous Pinterest-inspired projects. I definitely work best with lists and goals so I hope to put up another post soon with some blog-related goals related to how often I want to try and add new posts. I'm excited to see how it all turns out!


No comments:

Post a Comment