Sunday 8 September 2013

Blog Goals

One week done, 39 more to go! The beginning of the school year has come and gone and it is time to begin getting into the swing of things again. I am amazed to discover how much adjustment time is needed when welcoming a new class. My first two years of teaching I had the same group of students (I moved from gr.2 to gr. 3) so there was very little adjustment time at the beginning of last school year and my first year I was so overwhelmed at the beginning I'm lucky to remember anything at all. I have a smaller class this year but that does not mean it is without its challenges. I am excited to see where the year takes us, to build new relationships with this group of students, and to see how I grow as a teacher. With all this excitement and the craziness of a new year though I figured it would be a good idea to set out some basic blog goals for myself.

I can get a little one-tracked when I get stressed out or when something is really important to me which means that during the school year I can ignore almost anything. I don't want that to happen this year and as I already mentioned one of my personal goals is to actually spend time with people and have a social life this year. For my blog I have a list of 3 basic goals:


1. I hope to keep up on my blogging this year especially since I am still new at this. I don't want to become so focused on school that I completely forget about adding to my blog. I am really enjoying the opportunity to share and remember all the things that happen in my classroom and I hope to continue it as the year progresses.

2. I love the chance to link up with other bloggers on a common theme and share what has been happening in our individual classrooms. One of the things that drew me in to teacher's blogs was the opportunity to share and learn from each other and I think Linkys are a great way to do it!

3. I have found some great little tid-bits in my exploration of other blogs. One of my main goals for this blog is that it becomes a place where other teachers can discover some new information, gather some creative ideas, and have fun learning from each other.

I hope you can tag along for the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment