Monday 2 September 2013

Classroom Tour

It's finally ready!! After spending a few days couple weeks organizing, cleaning, and setting up, my classroom is finally ready to go. Good thing too since the kiddos are coming tomorrow! Where did summer go? I am linking up Swimming Into Second to Show Off My Space. 

First the before pictures:







And now... Welcome to my home away from home! I am absolutely loving my classroom this year. I definitely put a little more time and effort into getting it just right but hopefully that means I won't be rearranging everything come Christmas break. 

Here is the view of the room from the door. It seems like hardly any teachers I have seen use rows any more but I like the idea of starting the year with the kids in their own space as they get comfortable with the routines and expectations.

Here is the view from the front of the room. Ignore the cart in the corner by the teacher desk/computers. I am temporarily storing it for a colleague.


Remember those bulletin boards I put up this year? Here they are with borders and titles just waiting for anchor charts, unit questions, and other exciting information! I am loving how much cleaner the space looks with all the shelving covered up!



 Under the bulletin boards are shelves which hold our book boxes, textbooks, math manipulatives and math centers. So happy with the containers from Dollar Tree which totally fit the colour scheme.


Continuing around the classroom we come to the library complete with my homemade Cat in the Hat hat and our CAFE board. The books are leveled according Fountas and Pinnell reading levels. The red bins are for fiction picture books and the white bins hold the non-fiction books.




Next to the library is the writing center with all our stationary supplies and our writing bulletin board.


Beside the writing center are our class computers and bookshelves used for teacher resources.


 Here is the view of the classroom from my desk. I pushed it up against the wall this year to try and eliminate as much "teacher" space as possible. It has completely opened the room up. You can just see the small group table in the bottom corner of the picture.


Along the other wall of the classroom are more cupboards and counter space. I am so thankful for all the storage in this room!



You may be wondering what is living in the giant aquarium. My classroom would no longer be complete without this little guy.


Finally we get to the front of the room. I don't have a Promethean board yet but I do have two huge whiteboards and a projector. Between the whiteboards is a small bulletin board which holds our calendar and some reminders for students about classroom signals and routines.


Beside the board are the mailboxes and job chart. 




 Thanks for visiting and checking out my finished space. I can't wait to share more classroom adventures with you as the year unfolds!


1 comment:

  1. Your room looks great! I'm not so sure I could handle a snake in my classroom. Good for you! Thanks for linking up!

    Swimming into Second

    ReplyDelete